In this episode, Meghan Barrington joins me to discuss a variety of topics regarding women's wellness, looking at them through her unique lens. Meghan grew up doing all sorts of outdoorsy activities, played volleyball, and has a background in bodybuilding, and I jumped at the chance to talk about how a woman's body works and how it should be taken care of. We touch on how she intends to blend her various areas of expertise to educate her female clients on how to live better in their daily life.
Meghan & I dive into:
- The problem with kids specializing too early in sports.
- Sleep hygiene and what it means to run as an optimal human.
- How pelvic floor work can apply to women, men, athletes, and artists.
This is a great episode that everyone should check out, particularly though if you are dealing with female clients!
About Today's Guest
Meghan Barrington is currently pursuing her Doctorate of Physical Therapy at Baylor University. She is a...
Today I sit down with a very special guest – Brianna Battles – to discuss training the pregnant and postpartum client. She has been instrumental in educating me and changing the trajectory of my career as a trainer, and I am so happy to share this interview with you all.
Pregnancy and postpartum athleticism is an area that can be lacking in trustworthy information online and on social media. Often times on social media, one trainer might suggest you take this or that easy. Another might push the idea that you can keep going at the rate you always have. The truth is that just like with everything else, training during pregnancy and postpartum is highly specific to the individual.
In this episode, Brianna Battles talks all about...
- How postpartum is forever – a fact many people do not take into consideration – and your athleticism does not need to end when your motherhood begins.
- Pregnancy introduces a number of physiological factors that...